RIGA SHIPYARD is one of the largest yards in the Baltic region repairing more than 100 seagoing vessels per year. RIGA SHIPYARD has built more than 130 hulls, some partially outfitted, since 1997.
Established in 1913 and having almost a century old history, today we continue to serve our European and Scandinavian customers focusing on ship repair, conversion and shipbuilding. Riga Shipyard co-operates with all Classification Societies, major equipment and paint manufacturers, logistics and shipping companies.
Riga Shipyard’s Quality Management System was approved by Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance as complying to Quality System Management Standard ISO 9001:2008 in 2001. Furthermore, Riga Shipyard’s Testing Laboratory has been recognized by BUREAU VERITAS as per Rule Note NR320 for tests, examinations, dectections and analysis.
RIGA SHIPYARD’s 9 berths, 3 docks and two slipways are located on the banks of Daugava river channels. The yard is capable to accommodate PANAMAX size vessels for dry-docking and AFRAMAX size vessels for afloat repairs. The works are being carried out all year round.
RIGA SHIPYARD consistently follows its policy of meeting customers’ requirements as customers’ interests come first.
RIGA SHIPYARD provides high quality and reasonably short repair and building time at competitive prices.
- Repair, building and metal construction works all year round;
- 3 floating docks;
- 2 slipways (95X16m and 115X16m) for building maximum 100m long hulls, launching weight - maximum 1.000t;
- Berths up to 8 meters in depth, total length – 2 000 meters;
- Shore cranes up to SWL 32 tons;
- Floating cranes up to SWL 100 tons;
- Agency service;
- Tugboats service (("Orkāns": 180GRT, 1189hp; "Ņečiporenko": 178GRT, 1189hp);
- Diving assistance;
- Testing Laboratory certified by BV and MRS;
- Full range of ship repair works and services 24 hours per day 7 days a week;
- Conversion of different types of vessels, including lengthening;
- Daily steel renewal capacity up to 10 tons per day and night;
- Riga Shipyard’s affiliate TOSMARE Shipyard operates 3 docks in Liepaja.
Finally, Riga Shipyard is located very close to the center of Riga city – the capital of Latvia. Its cultural and historical attractions might make a stay in Riga memorable and pleasant at any time of the year.